Under the supervision and direction of the Wealth Management Regional Manager and Wealth Management Advisory Growth & Development Manager, the Client Advisor is accountable for both referred and direct sales and service of non-FDIC insured investment and insurance products. The Client Advisor will possess a thorough understanding of brokerage, insurance, and trust products and services. Client Advisors are expected to meet with prospective customers to develop an understanding of their current and future financial goals and needs. Incumbent will gather and analyze financial information in order to provide customers with solutions through the sale of brokerage, insurance, trust products and trust services. This will require the incumbent to have an in-depth knowledge of complex financial planning processes. The Client Advisor will prepare and present financial plans in client meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide Bank financial and retirement planning services to Bank and Wealth Management customers by meeting with prospective customers to develop an understanding of their future financial goals and needs.
- Review and analyze the current financial situation of customers to determine the appropriate financial services/products would meet each individual customer's needs.
- Present plan to customers for review and consideration and be able to explain all pertinent information related to the financial plan to customer's satisfaction. Perform final overview of determined plan to ensure quality.
- Assist customer with the application process for financial products according to internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge to provide customers with solutions in regard to the sale of brokerage, insurance, trust products and trust services; requires a working knowledge of complex financial planning processes.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of Wealth Management clients while proactively selling and maintaining regular communication with prospects and clients and continue to generate business and manage client relationships.
- May mentor assistants or other advisors, under the direction of the Wealth Management Regional Manager and Wealth Management Advisory Growth & Development Group.
- Prepare and conduct customer and prospect product and financial information seminars.
- Prepare and conduct internal bank associate Wealth Management awareness training on a regular basis.
- Cross-sell by making customer and prospect referrals to Bank for the sale of bank products and services.
- Maintain all required FINRA and SEC licenses necessary to conduct Wealth Management business.
- Active participation in community activities as directed by local Bank and Wealth Management management is expected
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Bank Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Bank Code of Ethics that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
May directly supervise one or more associates as assigned by the Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Ensure direct reports have completed required compliance training and are adhering to all internal procedures and controls as it relates to bank policy, laws, regulations, and Bank's BSA/AML Program. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the authority and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within the guidelines of the bank's procedures and guidelines for such change of status events. The incumbent provides training, planning, assigning, and directing work assignments and schedules, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree OR equivalent relevant experience required.
- FINRA Series 7 license required.
- FINRA Series 63 and 65 license OR Series 66 (combination exam of 63/65) license required.
- Life, Health, and Variable Annuity Insurance license required.
- 1 year of Client Advisor 1 experience with Bank OR 2 years of relevant sales and/or customer service experience in the financial services industry required.