← View all jobs
Commercial Relationship Manager
Skills & Requirements
- Frequently represents the bank in the business community; actively develops relationships with business owners, C-level execs, COIs, etc. and builds a network of prospective bank customers to drive deal flow.
- Builds and maintains a list of at least 15 targeted prospect profiles; strategizes and executes a call plan to meet individual and team sales objectives for the bank’s various business lines.
- Manages and services commercial relationships by interviewing applicants and obtaining pertinent financial data.
- Evaluates pertinent financial information and determines whether a credit is an acceptable risk.
- Approves loans within assigned lending authority, and company policies and procedures.
- Recommends credits outside lending authority to the next level or presents to Loan Committee in accordance with established procedures.
- Ongoing monitoring of existing loans for conformity to terms and conditions.
- Actively participates with and assists senior lending officers on larger, more complex credits.
- Monitors market conditions, observing competitor impact and makes recommendations to maintain competitive and profitable product line.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all commercial products including loans, cash management, trade service products and deposits to facilitate cross-selling and enhance the client experience.
- Analyze financial statements and related information.
- Must have demonstrated skills in commercial credit underwriting, business development and portfolio management for mid-sized developers and investors.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Commercial Lending experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and tactful interpersonal skills.
- Superb people skills to work within a team environment and successfully develop and retain client relationships.
- Proven ability to cross-sell other banking products, including loans, deposits and treasury management.
- Self-motivated to work independently and take ownership.
- Effective time management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be attentive to detail and accurate when analyzing financial statements and presenting a credit package for formal approval.
- This position requires the use of sound business discretion, good judgment, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer hardware and software skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations, compliance standards, market trends and products relating to the banking industry.
- Superior analytical and decision making skills based on a thoughtful assessment of risk.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business.
- Minimum five to seven years related experience and training in commercial banking.
Computer and Software Skills
- Google Mail