Senior Wealth Advisor
The position of Senior Wealth Advisor for our client's Private Wealth division will be responsible for maintaining the ongoing Private Wealth client relationships and leading in the development of new Private Wealth client relationships on behalf of the Firm. Duties include managing the delivery of the wealth management and multi-family office services to our clients and being the principal point of contact for them. This will involve maintaining regular communication with the client and working in consultation with the client’s other advisors. In addition, this position will either oversee or work collaboratively with a group of Private Wealth client support personnel, including but not limited to Wealth Planners, Wealth Strategists, Wealth Servicing Specialists, Director of Investment Operations, and Director of Market Research & Portfolio Strategy with assisting in the delivery of investment management, tax planning, comprehensive financial planning, risk management solutions, estate and succession planning, and other pertinent financial services. Please note, that the Firm or its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice, therefore, the Senior Wealth Advisor will be responsible to manage and collaborate with the client's outside advisors to assist in delivering a comprehensive holistic wealth plan for the client.
- Extensive on-going communication with clients and their advisors.
- Ability to discuss investment performance, economic and market trends.
- Presentations to clients on financial, tax, and estate planning options/opportunities.
- Direct consultation with attorneys, accountants and other advisors on behalf of the client.
- Proactive client meeting planning, facilitation and presentation.
- Develop and/or deliver private wealth education sessions to clients, their family members, and staff.
- Develop a knowledge of the client’s entire financial and family situation and be able to structure an investment and financial plan that meets their objectives.
- Ability to discuss estate planning, governance and corporate structure and work with internal and external resources to meet these respective planning goals of the client.
- Understand and coordinate income tax planning items and work closely with client tax advisors.
- Understand, evaluate, and execute on delivering risk management solutions for the client.
- If applicable, evaluate and discuss options to meet client philanthropic goals.
- Seek to establish a level of trust and confidence with the client so that any financial issue can be addressed, and the appropriate solutions can be offered to the client.
- Gather and understand on at least an annual basis the information pertaining to “Know Your Client” (KYC) that will include but is not limited to the client’s investment objectives, risk tolerance, asset allocation, and cash requirements (for individuals, investment partnerships, trusts, and family foundations).
- Develops an investment policy statement (IPS) with each client based on their goals, objectives and risk tolerance. Annually review the IPS with the client and update accordingly with the client’s acknowledgment.
- Implementation and execution of investment plans.
- Work closely with the Director of Market Research & Portfolio Strategy of the Firm to monitor manager performance versus benchmarks and develop insights for clients regarding key contributors and detractors.
- Monitor asset allocation on at least a quarterly basis relative to policy and goals; evaluates need to rebalance.
- Reviews portfolio issues (i.e., taxes, liquidity events, capital calls, etc.) at least quarterly.
- Present alternative investment ideas to clients.
- Manage investment transition and on-boarding for new clients.
- Collaborates with the Director of Market Research & Portfolio Strategy regarding investment strategy and client portfolio structure including, but not limited to, bringing investing ideas to the collective team and helping to engage in due diligence on those ideas.
New Business Development and Marketing
- Work closely with the Firm’s Wealth Director’s and other team members to generate new business for the firm.
- Build and maintain Private Wealth client relationships on behalf of the firm and enrich existing relationships.
- Develops leads and referrals from current clients and outside contacts (i.e. centers of influence).
- Seek to increase the firms Private Wealth AUM through additions of new clientele.
- Participate in sales meetings with prospective clients.
- Represent the Firm’s investment philosophy/views to colleagues, clients and prospects in person, or by written commentaries/white papers.
Supervision of Staff
- Manage a group of client support personnel, which typically includes recommendations for hiring, terminations, performance evaluation, training, work allocation and problem resolution.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES & FOUNDING PRINCIPLES:
The Senior Wealth Advisor of the Firm must possess the following characteristics and principles:
- Leadership: The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate core values, integrity, trustworthiness, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Effective Communication: The ability to effectively cooperate and exchange information with stakeholders, staff, and clients.
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Global & Cultural Sensitivity and Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the backgrounds and perspectives of all parties.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization and its clients.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information that can contribute to the organization's strategic plan.
Our client has achieved success by adhering to the following Founding Principles (as listed below), which are instilled in their team members every day. It is expected that the Senior Wealth Advisor and all Firm employees consistently and continually adhere to these principles:
- Unwavering Integrity: Be ethical and trustworthy in everything you do.
- Tenacious Work Ethic: Always be prepared and at least one step ahead.
- Selfless Service: Act with selflessness, caring, humility and passion.
- Strong Leadership: Do what’s right, and not just what’s easy.
- Devotion to Education: Be committed to personal and client continued education.